Sunday, October 31, 2010

Let's get cooking.

I'm hungry to cook.

Kind of ironic, right? I started this blog to vent about my life and motivate myself to exercise my culinary skills.

But I haven't been cooking. I love to cook. In college, when I had a bad day, I would come home and force my roommates to let me do all the cooking for that night, to let me make something really delicious. (A really hard life they lived, huh?)

For whatever reason, being in the kitchen relaxes me. It's my outlet from the rest of the world, to create something so delicious and amazing that whatever else happened that day suddenly becomes irrelevant.

And I have to start this up again. My new goal is to cook three dinners every week, to make sure that I not only use my beautiful new kitchen with stainless steel appliances, but that I cook to make myself happy. Because when I'm in the kitchen, I know that I'll be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment