Monday, October 4, 2010

Hungry for...

WHAT: Table 52

WHERE: Elm and Dearborn, Gold Coast

WHY: Weeks ago, I saw a profile of this restaurant on the Food Network, naming it the best fried chicken in the country. The chef and owner is Art Smith, Oprah's former personal chef turned celebrity. So, naturally, after I told my dad he insisted that we go immediately, if not sooner. And to make things even more convenient? The restaurant is nicely located just three short blocks from my new apartment downtown. The only thing that made the situation even better... was the unbelievable southern food.

FOOD: Naturally, everyone but my friend, Eve, ordered the fried chicken, and her choice was decided simply because she is a vegetarian. She got the smoked salmon pizza which was also very good. My dad took it upon himself to order some appetizers and sides for the table, so when all was said and done, we had ordered pretty much the entire menu. The shrimp and grits appetizer and the sweet potato side topped my favorites that night.

TIP: The fried chicken is only on the menu on Sundays and Mondays, so if that's why you're going like the rest of the world, make a reservation and make it early. They start serving dinner at 4:45 p.m. those nights, especially to accommodate the mass crowds that always show up.

No comments:

Post a Comment