Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The long and winding road... to Europe.

I'm hungry for the world.

I was looking through my old abroad photos and suddenly felt an urge. An urge to run to the airport and board any airplane, going anywhere across the Atlantic. I spent four fantastic months in London during my junior year at college, sightseeing there and then traveling to almost a dozen other European cities. But those four months were the shortest of my life, leaving me feeling as though I didn't see nearly enough.

So this is where the urge to travel comes in. Obviously I'm not at the point in my life where I can pick up and leave my job to travel with my non-existent money. But eventually, that's exactly what I want to do. I want to travel everywhere, to as many places as I can. Even the places I have already been to I want to revisit. And as is the theme with anything as exciting as this, I feel like I don't have enough time. I'm 22. Of course I have enough time. But I want to do it now.

My expectations are realistic. I know that there are too many places that I want to see all in one trip, but I can try my best. Below are the places I want to see or revisit next:

Italy, anywhere and everywhere
St. Petersburg, Russia
Athens, Greece
Thailand
Monaco and the South of France
London
Munich
South Africa

I'm well aware that the list is long. But hey, a girl can dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment