Saturday, September 11, 2010

Is this real life?

I'm hungry for structure.

Here I sit, in my brand new, gorgeous living room in my new apartment. I'm watching TV. I have dinner reservations with friends. Then later, we'll proceed to do the young city thing and go out. Everything seems to be perfect, all in order.

Then why can't I shake this totally weird feeling?

Don't get me wrong, this is exactly what I wanted and I couldn't be more excited that I'm finally here and settled in. But as is the case with every new situation, I find myself not knowing what to do during the days, how to fill my time. In college, if you weren't being social, you were writing papers or studying. But here, if you're not at work, you're free as a bird. This will eventually become something I'll cherish, but for right now, I keep asking myself, now what? Should I constantly be busy?

The answer to these questions is obviously fairly simple: enjoy the time. And I will. But for now, on this quiet Saturday afternoon, I'm saying something I never thought I would say: I can't wait for work on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment