Sunday, September 5, 2010

Hungry for...

CRAVING: Prairie Grass

WHERE: Northbrook, Illinois, just north of Chicago

WHY: My family has been going here for dinner for years. The food is beyond excellent. It's been reviewed as some of the best food in the North Shore of Chicago year after year. The service is wonderful, the menu is the perfect size and I've never ordered something I didn't like. So, when we found out that they serve brunch, we made a reservation for the first Sunday they had available.

WHAT: Smoked salmon open face omelet with chive cream cheese, breakfast potatoes and toast with homemade jam. I don't know what about that could sound bad to anyone. It was unbelievable and a perfect amount of food. And though I didn't order it for myself, my brother got banana bread french toast stuffed with sweet cream cheese that was heavenly.

TIP: The restaurant grows a lot of it's own herbs and gets it's produce and protein locally. So, anything on the menu with those ingredients is sure to be fresh and delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment