Monday, November 29, 2010

I'm hungry for...

WHAT: A big dinner salad after a full weekend of holiday (over)eating.

HOW: I simply bought all of my favorite salad ingredients at the grocery store, including a delicious dressing that will last me weeks when kept in the refrigerator.

INGREDIENTS: Romaine lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, corn, black olives, goat cheese, your favorite salad dressing and (oddly enough) a Morningstar Chick Patty, chopped and tossed into the salad to add protein and texture

WHY: I needed something healthy, but I didn't want to skimp on the flavor. The best way I've found to do this is to loud up on the fresh and healthy veggies and not hold back on whatever dressing you love. Not necessarily the fattiest, creamiest dressing in the grocery store, but something that will leave you satisfied with your meal.

TIP: Buy frozen corn and heat in a saute pan with just a spray of Pam. The corn will get a nice char flavor and color this way, and you can eat it year round, even out of season.

No comments:

Post a Comment